- Donellan, Adrian III: Born the second son but is now the heir of the Earl of Arundel.
- Hayward, Donovan: A servant who is the same age as the boys in senior year. He is Mrs. Hayward's son.
- Lockwood, Henry: A student attending St. Vitreous on a scholarship. Very smart, but he despairs of ever fitting in.
- Quayle, Tobias: A boy from a wealthy family, whose older brothers had a bad reputation. He is a middle child who resents not being thought special in any way. He appears to have a secret admirer.
- Tarrant, Kellian: The son of a wealthy financier. He is partially deafened from an explosion that killed his mother; however, the incident was hushed up.
- Carlyle: A tall, very large, Scottish lad.
- Clarke, Samuel: A boy who abuses the servants. Calvin regards him with contempt.
- Fitzroy, Calvin: A slight, arrogant boy who often uses his breeding and wit like a weapon. He is often seen with a pack of similarly aristocratic friends.
- Hayward, Mrs.: A servant at the school, the mother of Donovan Hayward, another servant.
- Hutch: A toady of Samuel's. AKA Crabbe--or Goyle.
- Layton, Rector Paul: Known sarcastically as ‘St. Paul,’ the new rector is a handsome man in his first year at St. V.’s and seems to be willing to use any measures to bring the word of God to the student body.
- Marchand, Alexander: A boy known for his obsession with sports and the leader of the school’s rugby team, but a friendly lad despite that.
- Pat: A toady of Samuel's. AKA Crabbe--or Goyle.
- Rutcliffe, Master Hugh: The Games Master. A big, beefy man respected and possibly feared by the students.
- Saint, Maximilian: A troublemaker and devilish boy, always bent on defying the rules. He is the son of an earl, probably illegitimate, rumored to be part Romany. He is also probably gay.
- St. Claire, Archibald (Archie): A scrawny, undersized lad who seems like a natural target for bullies. He is four years younger than the seniors.
- Wilkins, Timothy: The pretentious prefect of Mandrake House, a boy born to be a mid-level bureaucrat.