Food: I am part of a recipe exchange (two, actually), and I just received my first recipe. This is also the first response I have ever gotten from a chain-letter. It's one of my favorite foods, too!
Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits
Cook time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
2-1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
1 cup cheddar cheese, finely grated
3/4 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons butter (melted)
1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder (or fresh garlic, minced)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 teaspoon garlic powder (or fresh garlic, minced)
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
Salt to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine Bisquick with cheddar cheese, milk, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder in a medium bowl. Mix until well-combined.
3. Drop your choice portions of the dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
4. Combine all ingredients for topping and brush this mixture over the tops of each unbaked biscuit.
5. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If the Catholic Church would just serve these at mass, fresh out of the oven, they would have no end of converts! :)