* * *
Equestria Iunia Laeca M. Valerio Potito sal.
1. The Consuls had the authority to interpret the law.
2. Per their interpretation, the law did not disallow Modianus from
3. The Tribunes had the authority to interpret the law differently
and veto the Consuls' interpretation.
4. This veto had to be done prior to the start of the election.
5. It was not done prior to the start of the election.
6. Modianus was elected by a large margin by Nova Roma citizens.
End of story. Where is your confusion?