Gee, you think?
Vision loss is also more common among the elderly and people with no insurance coverage or who have lower incomes, the article reports.
It is sad when you have to have a report to make common knowledge official. *shakes head*
* * *
Madmen-Era Woman Quiz: Nabbed from caersidi.
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are an Audrey!
You are an Audrey -- "I am at peace"
Audreys are receptive, good-natured, and supportive. They seek union with others and the world around them.
How to Get Along with Me
- * If you want me to do something, how you ask is important. I especially don't like expectations or pressure
- * I like to listen and to be of service, but don't take advantage of this
- * Listen until I finish speaking, even though I meander a bit
- * Give me time to finish things and make decisions. It's OK to nudge me gently and nonjudgmentally
- * Ask me questions to help me get clear
- * Tell me when you like how I look. I'm not averse to flattery
- * Hug me, show physical affection. It opens me up to my feelings
- * I like a good discussion but not a confrontation
- * Let me know you like what I've done or said
- * Laugh with me and share in my enjoyment of life
What I Like About Being an Audrey
- * being nonjudgmental and accepting
- * caring for and being concerned about others
- * being able to relax and have a good time
- * knowing that most people enjoy my company; I'm easy to be around
- * my ability to see many different sides of an issue and to be a good mediator and facilitator
- * my heightened awareness of sensations, aesthetics, and the here and now
- * being able to go with the flow and feel one with the universe
What's Hard About Being an Audrey
- * being judged and misunderstood for being placid and/or indecisive
- * being critical of myself for lacking initiative and discipline
- * being too sensitive to criticism; taking every raised eyebrow and twitch of the mouth personally
- * being confused about what I really want
- * caring too much about what others will think of me
- * not being listened to or taken seriously
Audreys as Children Often
- * feel ignored and that their wants, opinions, and feelings are unimportant
- * tune out a lot, especially when others argue
- * are "good" children: deny anger or keep it to themselves
Audreys as Parents
- * are supportive, kind, and warm
- * are sometimes overly permissive or nondirective
This is an excellent quiz.
* * *
Trick or Treating! Nabbed from padfoot_uk.
|My LiveJournal Trick-or-Treat Haul|
|aerden goes trick-or-treating, dressed up as Severus Snape.|
|amqu gives you 10 green lemon-flavoured gummy worms.|
|baghdaelf gives you 9 light orange vanilla-flavoured pieces of chewing gum.|
|caersidi gives you 11 pink raspberry-flavoured pieces of taffy.|
|caniche gives you 1 tan root beer-flavoured pieces of chewing gum.|
|chipperazzi tricks you! You get a clothespin.|
|cpsings4him gives you 5 light yellow tropical-flavoured gummy bats.|
|crackferret gives you 11 purple lime-flavoured pieces of bubblegum.|
|fallenseraph gives you 15 red banana-flavoured pieces of bubblegum.|
|gypsy_anna gives you 10 light blue orange-flavoured gummy worms.|
|sauron_the_dark tricks you! You get a piece of paper.|
|aerden ends up with 72 pieces of candy, a clothespin, and a piece of paper.|
|Another fun meme brought to you by rfreebern.|
Heh...For me, a piece of paper is the best treat of all--especially if it comes with a pen. :)