a) List seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself
b) Tag seven people to do the same
c) Do not tag the person who tagged you or say that you tag "whoever wants to do it"
1. I am stupidly loyal to old, defunct RPG's. I still adore sphogwarts, even though it's long over. All the memories are not happy memories, but overall, I enjoyed it very much. It was the best RP ever, second only to Imperial Secrets, and I still write about the characters I had in it.
2. I cannot buy a week's worth of groceries; I have to buy groceries each day, if I'm shopping. I tend to buy on impulse--I'm 'in the mood' for smoky Havarti cheese or an herb salad one evening, and if I don't eat all of it that evening, the rest sits in the fridge forever, and I forget it's there.
I get intimidated when I have too much stuff in the refrigerator. So buying seven cartons of yogurt one day each week is something I don't like to do, because I always forget to eat a carton one day, or I decide to eat something else, and then I start to wonder how long that yogurt has been in there. It's much easier for me to keep track of it one carton at a time.
3. I am a pen-o-holic. If one Really Cool pen is good, five Really Cool pens are better, because one can never have too many pens or spiral notebooks. I love certain brands of pens, and those are the only kinds of pens I buy--my favorites are the Bic Crystal Gel and the Uni-Ball gel pens. They write very smoothly and are dark. They feel good to write with.
4. I tend to buy more books than I can quickly read. I am still buying books as if I had better vision, when I could read a book a day. *sigh* Even when I had the cataract, and my vision was utter crap, I still bought lots of books, expecting to read them. I have a huge backlog, and I keep buying more because my favorite authors keep writing more.
If someone could tell me what that behavior is an indication of, I would really appreciate it. Is it some kind of OCD, or...what? I don't compulsively buy pens or books all the time, but if I notice that a couple of my pens are getting low on ink, or if I get the chance to go into a bookstore, I'll buy as many as four books at a time. It takes me forever to read them.
5. I love to live in a clean house, but I hate to clean. However, I will pick up trash at the bus stop and throw it away, so the bus stop will be neat. I hate a messy bus stop. And at least that's something I can do something about.
6. I love dogs and cats. I am also one of those annoying people who is likely to say hello to a guide dog and only then greet its owner.
7. I still love to play dress-up. That's a large part of the reason why I joined the SCA. One look at the Hospitaller's Chest, and I was sold.
I will tag...crackferret, rclementmoore, nixnivis, baghdaelf, blue_leaf, sauron_the_dark, and kathrynthegr8.