Movie: Last night, we saw Amazing Grace, starring Ioan Gruffudd. It is a wonderful movie, and I enjoyed it very much. Any movie that makes me think is to be valued, and that is what this one did.
No, I wasn't thinking about slavery; that's a no-brainer. What I did think about was my own political beliefs and why I hold them. Why did I choose to become a conservative after considering myself a liberal since childhood? That kind of thing. That movie helped me articulate in my own mind why I have made the political choices I have and why I believe as I do. It's a satisfying feeling, to finally know why I believe something rather than simply knowing what I believe.
I plan to write down my thoughts on that later. Right now, I haven't had time to think and organize them, and some of what I want to say, I don't know how to say without making blanket generalizations or being offensive. I don't believe in blanket generalizations, so I have to be very precise in my word choices. I'll post it either here or publish it when I'm done.
- Download Yahoo Messenger and reconstruct YM friends list.
- See if baghdaelf is online and wants to chat.
- Heck, see if anyone I know is online and wants to chat. (g)
- Buy some Bailey's Irish Cream, chocolate mint-flavored.
- Clean the bathroom.
- Write essay on thinking about Amazing Grace.
- Write something about Tarran - probably won't get done until Sunday.
It's good to be back online, though I'm taking it slowly, one activity at a time.