Movie: Lucky Number Slevin was a good film. Lucy Lu and Bruce Willis were in it; I don't know who played the lead character. There is a fascinating plot twist in the film, which gives the movie an entirely different tone from what you think it is at the beginning. This one is definitely worth watching. Also, Morgan Freeman and Ben Kingsley play a couple of crime lords. What's neat is, they play them with the veneer of gentlemen on top of the criminality. Very interesting to watch.
Mark told me about this Star Trek movie news last night. Article nipped from richandme.
Writing: I hope to get some writing done for Boy from the Sea and perhaps Avriet today.
Quizzage: Nabbed from marvo:
The majority of the LJ community could learn from you.
The LiveJournal Quiz
Take Other Caffeine Nebula Quizzes
Twelve Characters Meme - Some of these are my characters because I am a dork and love to write about them. Stolen from the journal of qos:
1. Lessa, gold Ramoth's rider
2. Sherlock Holmes
4. Mary Elizabeth Gregory
5. Severus Snape
7. Laura Ingalls
8. Paul Graves
9. Seven of Nine
10. Dr. Phlox
11. Dr. Jordan Cavanaugh
12. Col. Samantha Carter
1. Who would make a better college professor, 6 or 11? What subjects would they teach?
I think Jordan would make a better college professor than Galadriel. She would teach Advanced Forensics Techniques.
2. Do you think 4 is hot? How hot?
LOL!!!! Mary Elizabeth is not drop-dead gorgeous, but she has a smile that can light up a room, and she is wonderful fun to be with. So I'd say only average hottness.
3. 12 sends 8 on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed?
*falls over, laughing* "Mr. Graves, your mission is to infiltrate the Aurae, convince them that you wish to become a Prior, and gather information about their plans to enslave Earth." The mission would have about a 65% chance of success.
4. What is or would be 9's favorite book?
Seven's secret vice would be books about famous ballet dancers. But the book she would have on her shelf would be a collection of Stephen Hawking's papers written for scientists, not laymen.
5. Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around?
If Sherlock Holmes lived in Middle-Earth and had reason to, he would likely swear fealty to Galadriel; she would certainly not swear fealty to him unless he were her vassal.
6. For some reason, 5 is looking for a roommate. Should s/he share a studio apartment with 9 or with 10?
ROFLMAO!!! Severus Snape would be more inclined to ask Dr. Phlox to share an apartment with him because they are both male. Temperamentally, he would probably get along better with Seven of Nine then Phlox, because Phlox is always so cheerful. But I think either person would make a good roommate for Snape. He needs some cheering up.
7. #'s 2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
The Victorian detective, the frontier girl, and the Stargate colonel would have dinner inside the Stargate complex, where some temporal/dimensional disturbance of the Stargate has brought the two people from the past into Samantha's time. Samantha would serve them a meal from the commissary, host it in her quarters. Conversation would consist mostly of "what the heck is this place?!" while the rest of SGC tried to figure out a way to send the two visitors back where they belong.
8. 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens?
*snicker* It's a scalpel-juggling challenge. Whichever one of them can juggle the most scalpels without injuring himself, his opponent, or a patient, wins.
9. If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would he get it back?
Paul's most precious physical possession is his ancestral home, which would be hard for Lessa to steal, even with her dragon. I guess she'd just have to move in with the Benden Weyr Queens' Wing while he's out, one day. When Paul discovered the squatters, he'd try sweet reason, at first. If that didn't make Lessa budge, he'd start a full-out legilimency/telepathic fight with her,
10. Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire.
That novel would be called These Happy, Golden Wisecracks.
11. What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together?
If Mary Elizabeth got zapped to Pern, she'd wind up working as Headwoman Manora's assistant, anyway, so the danger of Thread would work well to draw them together. If Lessa wound up in the Wizarding World, the plot device would be the need to keep Ramoth from being captured by the Ministry's Dangerous Magical Creatures bureau.
12. If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
I would take Laura Ingalls contra-dancing, and we'd spend the weekend seeing the sights, maybe go horseback-riding, visit a library, eat dinner at the Cracker Barrel and then make homemade ice cream. I'd hope we would get along well.
13. If you could command 8 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
"I must, absolutely must, write a novel about you, Mr. Graves. I know it can be brilliant, and I want it to be brilliant; I will accept no less. So you are going to cooperate with me. Deal?"
14. Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11?
I don't think so. I'm the only Crossing Jordan geek I know.
15. If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be?
Sherlock would not choose sides. He would base his decision on whom to support based solely on the facts. On a gut level, he'd be more inclined to prefer Severus Snape's presentation of such facts.
16. What might 10 shout while charging into battle?
"Don't shoot! I'm the healer!"
17. If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose?
Hm. The ex-Death-Eater version of him uses Simon & Garfunkel's "I Am a Rock." I don't know yet what the Two Alleys version of him would use.
18. 1, 6, and 10 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
Dr. Phlox would defer to Lessa and Galadriel, who I suspect would be gracious enough to divide it into thirds.
19. What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10?
*sputters* "I see you are a gentleman of the medical profession. Which aspects of the field most interest you?"
20. What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
Severus would be arrested for the murder of Albus Dumbledore--if you can find him.
21. What is 6's secret?
A secret, deeply hidden part of her would like to be a terrible, beautiful, evil elven queen--for just a few minutes.
22. If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
If they're on foot, it's no contest. Seven of Nine would definitely get there before Jordan. Plus, Seven could beam there. On the other hand, if Jordan were in a car, and Seven were on foot, Jordan would get there first.
23. "1 (Lessa) and 9 (Seven of Nine) reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4 [Mary Elizabeth Gregory]'s sinister secret organization. 11 [Dr. Jordan Cavanaugh] volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that 11 (Jordan) is actually a spy for 4 (Mary Elizabeth). Meanwhile, 4 (Mary Elizabeth) has kidnapped 12 (Samantha Carter) in an attempt to force her surrender. Following the wise advice of 5 (Severus Snape), they seek out 3 (Aerden), who gives them what they need to complete their quest."
The adventure is called "Royal Web"
24. If you had to walk home through a bad neighbourhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8?
I'd feel much safer with Paul than with Laura, definitely! But at least I know that both Laura and I would do our best to fight it out together.
Meme nicked form the journal of chellealistic: So, tell me. . .
3. place of residence:
4. what makes you happy:
5. what are you listening to now/have listened to last:
6. do you read my lj:
7. if you do, what is particularly good/bad about it:
8. an interesting fact about you:
9. are you in love/have a crush at the moment:
10. favourite place to be:
11. favourite lyric:
12. best time of the year:
1. a film:
2. a book:
3. a band, a song and an album:
1. one thing you like about me:
2. two things you like about yourself:
3. put this in your lj so i can tell you what i think of you.
4. POST A PICTURE OF SOMETHING!