Dwayne ‘Dog’ Chapman
2. What makes this person a hero to you? What is his greatest heroic quality?
- His compassion.
- He truly does live his faith without being obnoxious about it.
- His honesty.
- He forgives anyway, even though it is likely that some people he deals with will take advantage of his kindness.
- His realistic attitude toward his work.
- His ability to have fun at his job.
- He has the strength to do what he loves and the wits to do it well.
- If he gives you respect, he expects you to do likewise; he'll let himself be taken advantage of only once.
3. When did you first become aware of these heroic qualities in him?
The first episode of Dog: The Bounty Hunter. A year ago.
4. Assign one or more of these qualities to your protagonist, even in a small way, in his first scene.
5. Follow-up: Before the climax, at six points in your novel, insert other times in which your protagonist exhibits qualities that you find heroic.