It's been an interesting year. I've made the Dean's List at school, learned the basics of medical coding (bleah!), and written 50,000 words of a novel. I've seen my father-in-law marry a wonderful woman named Sue, and I've begun the hunt for a job in the medical field.
I've also gone through Pern fandom burnout and not been nearly as industrious in my novel writing outside of NaNoWriMo as I would have liked to have been. I've decided that that will change in this upcoming year.
Se here are my resolutions.
1. To love my family and be as much of a help to them as I can be.
2. This is the Year of the Novel. I will write 500 words a day for Ealdru or some other story of my own creation, outside of Pern or Imperial Secrets fiction. If I can only write one thing a day, it will be the novel.
3. I will develop a regular regimen for cleaning house and keeping the house vacuumed and dusted.
4. I will lose weight. I'd like to resolve to eat nothing past 6pm, but I haven't been very dedicated to that goal, so far. At the very least, I will cut out all snack consumption at gaming.
5. I will get a job. Even if it's only at Wal-Mart's across the street, I will get a job somewhere.
These are the ones I think I can realistically keep and will have little excuse for breaking.
I hope everyone will find this year to be even happier than last year. I believe in looking forward, that things can get better. Maybe I have never experienced the worst that things can be, so I might be overly optimistic. There are many people in the world far less fortunate than I. But the only way to improve things is to look to the future. And that's what I intend to do.
Well, I should go. Happy New Year, everyone! :)